Thursday, November 23, 2006

[Prv] Books I read

I love reading. I don't think I read much but from manga till novel. Whether it's comedy, adventure, knowledge, a little of romance I like to read one. But I'm so picky. Romance like Sandra Brown, I don't read. When people said a book is good, I'll try to read it. How i choose what to read is mostly based on best seller book list. I remember how I got into Harry Potter few years back. I read US magazine, it's health magazine for bodybuider. There's a page that showed best seller book in a year. Among those books (politic, novel, health tip from famous person, etc) there is one book that rank in #1 with cartoon image on the cover. And I saw the updated page next few month and the cartoon cover is changed but not the big title 'Harry Potter' (and the Sorcerer's stone). Big curiosity and gladly I found in the book store near office.

I read more foreign books than local books. But for foreign books, most of I read in translated language. I have no problem with that though I prefer in original (in this case, in English) and as long as it has good translation. Sometimes i can't finish the book due to not-to-good translation. Like The Zahir by Paul Coelho (Brazilian writer), I couldn't continu to read.

I don't have fave authors, but I continually waiting for J.K.Rowling's Harry Potter and Agatha Christy's series, Mary Higgins Clark's, and some classical story like Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice (I like it so much!), Emma, Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre, and much more. And Harry Potter is my fave books. I like comics as well. Usually I read my books before bed (when I'm not tired), on weekend, but mostly I read on the way to office. The traffic in the morning is sooo unbearable, it's better to do something like reading book than complaint^^ I also have no problem reading while moving, though it said to be bad to the eyes @@

Recently I just finished 'The Chronicles of Narnia, the lion, the witch and the wardrobe' and just bought this afternoon Haruki Murakami's Norwegian wood. I happened to attracted by the cover, a Hinomaru (Japan's flag). I search on the net and found that he's a famous writer. Oh what I have is translated directly from Japanese, this is rare :)

So do you like reading? What's your fave books or author? I like to know more interesting books :)

To all who get a new book, happy reading!

1 comments:

ryo said...

I finished Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood. He's good, but ho ho hoo @_@ No lah, I can't talk about this one :D