Monday, June 18, 2007

[review] Kanjani 8 Spirits!! Concert (2005)

Finally this weekend I rewatched both concert Spirits!! and Heat Up!. I'll go with Spirits!! first.

Here's Spirits!! track list:


1Overture~∞ O' Clock

2Do You Agree?

3Tabibito

4Stance

5Dreamin'blood

6Osaka Rainey Blues

7Mc ①

8Ai Igai No Nandemonai

9Ashita

10All Of Me For You

11Pgf

12Tsurugi No Mai

13Let's Fight

14Best Friend

15Oh! Enka

16Naniwa Iroha Bushi

17Mc ②

18Tomaranai Omoi~Iseijin (B.A.D.)

19Sukiyanen Osaka

20Mermaid

21Name Of Love

22Go Now To The World

23Knockin' Trackin'

24Mugendai

25Chance (Kansai Boys)

26Marching Drum Solo

27Sennen Medley (Sennen No Kisetsu~She's A Woman)

28One

29Heavenly Psycho

30Ame Chan

31Purin

32Kuchibue No Mukou

33Mc ③

34Osaka Romanesque

35Cool Magic City

36Sukiyanen Osaka

Buy the DVD here:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/product/detail/1432161


I give two thumbs up for this concert! It's really fun and awesome too. Let me compare.. Compare to SMAP, they didn't have the marvelous stage, but the eighto themselves plus the other Johnny's group as backdancer was quite crowded. Yes, no stage to amaze, but the focus was to the eighto. Different.

No grand stage is ok. Eighto have many various performances to be seen. Eighto has a subgroup, they have Sankyoudai (Yuu, Subaru, Yassu), trio solo (Ohkura, Maru, Yassu), or duo (Maru, Ohkura), solo (Ryo, Shingo), and a band, Subaru band (Ohkura, Maru, Yassu and Subaru). Even the junior had a performance! wow, this is new to me. I didnt' see it at KK even Arashi concert. One of the juniors, B.A.D (from BAD BOYS?) performed a song.

I'm amazed that mostly all members can sing well, note especially for Subaru (his voice is superb, especially when he sing Enka *melted here*), Ryo (so, this is the first time I heard him sing^^), Ohkura (Gackt. Yes, he sounds like Gackt! Heavy voice, somehow he looks like him too^^), Yassu (he has high pitch), Maruyama (nice), Shingo (ma ma, gomen ne Shingo-kun, not that special though)^^ And Yuu-kun is not bad lah, he's ok. Compare to Nakai-kun from SMAP, Yuu-kun is saigo :P

I'm amazed by some of members can played instruments! Ohkura played drums, Yassu played guitar, Maru played bass (that's cool, Maru-kun!), Subaru played guitar, and Ryo also played guitar :clap2:

I'm amazed by the band! Subaru's band! They only have one song to performed? Two if Heavenly Psycho included, but other members also appeared in this song. I like them performed songs with 3 in the instruments (Ohkura on drums, Maru on bass, Yassu on guitar). They must be the tired ones on stage^^

What else that I'm amazed? Eto.. ah, the songs. They have some great songs. Read somewhere even, some of them can composed their own songs, that even great!
My fave songs/performances are: Osaka Rainy Blues, Oh Enka!< style="font-style: italic;">this merely was my conclusion, not translation of what he said) Please correct me if I'm wrong. Then turned to Hina (Murakami Shingo's nick name all this time). Don't know what happened but Subaru said that why don't he be called Huna-chan (can't trust my ears).. and Yuu-kun suggest for Hana-chan and everybody laughed. Somehow, Yassu said something agreeable to that, and it's made Hina got mad and run after Yassu. Hahhaaaa (I heard Subaru said B something?).. poor Yassu.. but he successfully escaped :P
The crazy thing is what Subaru-Maru joke. I don't know was it prepared before, but it's funny and spontaneous.

Next topic was brought up by Shingo. He talked about his pudding that he was kept to eat it later but it's missing. Seems it's Maru who took it (yeah, I'm pretty sure about this one^^). Regarding the accusation, Maru only showed his innocent look and pretending didn't know anything (hahahaa) But Yuu-kun said that he saw Maru ate the pudding and (it seems) he said it's not delicious and offered Yuu-kun xD Yuu-kun sure that if the pudding was delicious, Maru won't offer him^^ Later Yuu-kun said that Maru should know that it was Hina-chan's pudding but he still took it. And Maru got scared^^ Hina prepared to run after Maru but he stopped. Maru surprised and gave a ask-for-mercy look^^ Back to the stage, he spill out his famous word "Paaaan!!" Hahaa Subaru followed like an insting but he sure bikurishita! xD
Next topic, I didn't understand. But seems Ohkura suddenly stole that "Paaann~"'s Maru and Maru gave a unbelievable look :P
Maru-Subaru joke again, I don't understand but it's looks funny. Subaru-kun, you looks so skinny from aside and looks tiny compare to Maru!
Later talk, Yuu-kun said that though minna called Ryo as Ryo-chan, he called him 'dokkun' (I read about this before, dokkun is the term gave to Ryo for his sharp tongue xD). But I didn't understand Ryo's reaction. Ok, that's enough, I hope I didnt made many mistaken interpretation, sumimasen.

What do I miss?
Ah the outfit, the wardrobe. What is it exactly in English?? Anyway, they wore nice outfit. Not strange like the usual Johnny's if you know what I mean. I believe they wore few kind of traditional Kansai outfit? Need explanation here, but they all looks good in it. My fave outfit was the white one they wore while singing 'Oh Enka!' and 'Naniwa Iroha Bushi'. Oh and I like the black t-shirt Yassu and Maru wore on 'One' song. Looks cool.

That's my review. I'm sorry for any mistaken in interpretation.
I'd like to give some snapshots here, but not finished yet. I might post it later.
Thanks for reading :)

Ok, here's the snapshots, not from all just few..



Cool aren't they? ;)

Next will be Heat Up! Concert.


0 comments: