Saturday, January 08, 2011

Funky White Dragon - MC talk in English part 2

Okay, this talk write down from disc 2 (LE). Go here for part 1.


K = Kerry
A = audience

After Sora ga nakukara.

K: Thanks for coming today.
Between the time when I was..
..18 and 23 years old,
I was very shaken and scared.
I was scared of love.
And people kindness and the way people are cunning.
All those things...
...swept me.
My heart got grabbed and dug around.
And got fooled.
It was the time when I was confused of life,
of how I should go on.
I got scared...
...even of my own family.
I got scared of all my friends.
But during all those times,
they gave me love.
And shown me kindness.
But I stood there confused.
Without knowing where I was.
Those were times when I was totally confused.
But the one thing that saved me in those days was music.
How strange.
Because music is made out of love in people.
I was afraid of love, yet love is what creates music.
What I felt...
...was paradox.
But it made me want to try to slowly reach out.
To touch and feel love.
So that became my life.
I thought to myself.
Me, as one person.
Me, as one artist.
What message do I want to send out?
I listened to myself and realized.
What I had to give was love.
It is love that keep us going.
Without love, we die.
As hard as we may try,
love can never be neglected.
In my past,
I met so many people.
And lost so many friends.
That's life.
And the tears I shed with each experiences.
I remember them all.

>> read more
And all of those has become the love in me.
The music in me.
Reaching out to you.
That is how I feel now.
Your applause.
The sympathy between us.
The excitement you feel with me.
All of those makes it okay.
It makes it worth it.
Worth all the hardships I experienced.
I can't make a difference in this world.
But I'm happy to be able to stand here.
To give you the love I have inside me.
It is not an accident...
...how we met here today.
We met because we have a bond.
I want to feel that way forever.
Tonight, in my own way...
...I tried to share you my love.
All my love without any restraint.
I really hope you felt something tonight.
That I was able to reach you.
I know one thing.
As hard as I try...
...I can't change the world.
But in your life there are people who love you.
And who love you back.
Let me be a part of making your life more beautiful. (how sweet~)
I hope in someway the love I give will help you.
And if you let me do that
Then, I will be truly happy.
Nobody is born evil. We have goodness.
No matter what, there is always love.
So many sad things are happening around us.
That's why now is the time...
..we must find our love again to realize it's true value.
And it's importance.
We used to believe in imaginary beings.
Our minds were pure as we made prayers.
Now is the time to feel them again.
Things we can't see.
Like invisible love and power.
We should feel those things within our body.
There's great love inside each of you.
And there's great love I sent out to you.
Let our love sparkle together.
And make your lives be filled with love...
...more than ever.
Thank you. You gave me lots of love tonight.
---
Someiyoshino
----
K: Great song.
A: *laughs*
K: This "SOMEIYOSHINO" was the band's first song.
The beginning of "ENDLICHERI ENDLICHERI".
And now we're here today in Minato-mirai.
On our own special stage.
We were offered to do 46 shows at first.
Of course, we said yes.
But then afterwards we were offered another 30 shows.
I thought that was absurd.
But then, it could be possible.
So we agreed to do it.
Then, I thought "Why stop at 76 shows?".
It's an odd number.
Maybe we should go for 100 shows.
I mean it's not so much after 76, you know?
We weren't sure.
But we adjusted our schedules.
And we were able to do it.
Somehow, up until today.
I remember the first time we came here.
While we worked on the rehearsals...
..we were dressed in warm clothes.
Then summer came.
And I remember coming here wearing light clothes.
But now, I'm wearing my winter clothes again.
I realized that, and it gave me a strange feeling.
It's pretty amazing that we did 100 shows in such a short time.
And I'm amazed by the number of times...
... I came to Yokohama.
You know, I'm a rather serious young man.
Not at all a bad boy.
I don't go strolling the streets at night.
You know...
...all the cars here at night?
They're the guys trying to catch a date.
I thought I'd go out with them a few times.
But two guys on a date wasn't a good idea.
Anyway, the people of Yokohama were so helpful.
They made this show possible for us.
I'm going to tell you something you might want to hear.
I am going to move overseas.
A: Eeeee???? (me: WTH?)
K: I already rented a 1-bedroom apartment.
I can't tell you where I'm going yet.
A: Take me with you!
K: No way! *nandeyanen!*
A: *laughs*
K: No way.
I'm not going. I'm scared of planes.
Anyway, "THE ENDLI. Water tank" was build...
..specially for our band "ENDLICHERI ENDLICHERI".
And it will be taken down in just a few days.
A: Eeeeeee??
K: Just minutes ago...
...lots of reporters came and asked me if I'm sad about it.
Well, I guess I'm not really so sad *laughs* (cute.)
It's just, I really hate to linger.
Besides...
...what has to be done, has to be done.
You must be those people who can't throw things away.
I'm the guy who goes throwing everything away.
A: burn down?
K: Anyway, my idea was to burn this place down.
But they wouldn't let me. The wreckers are coming.
Too bad, because I wanted to torch the place.
And to shout "Banzai!".
And bake a couple of sweet potatoes too.
Give a few good farts and have a really nice talk.
Don't take it seriously, though.
That was a joke for Mr. Nishikawa.
Anyway, like I told you earlier tonight...
...how I really think we should think about love once again.
I feel that in my everyday life.
I wanted to send you that message directly.
So I'm glad I was able to spend all these times to do that.
And I'd like to thank all of you who came to see our show.
A: *applause*
K: So like I said...
...this place will be smashed into pieces.
A: *disappointed voices*
K: I mean really smashed into tiny bits.
But I'm sure the ferro-concrete will be recycled.
See, I can be an ecologist.
I have another news for you.
Next year, like right after new year...
ENDLICHERI ENDLICHERI will start a show.
In other cities.
A: *excitement voices*
K: "Other cities" could be anywhere like Los Angeles.
I can't tell you where we're going yet.
But we do have plans, so you could try and find out... *Kerry did typing figure*
...like that.
I hope you all have fun doing the research.
And there's another good news for you.
I'm still consulting the adults.
Not that I'm a kid at 27.
This is just a costume.
Well, I'm hoping by spring...
...we could have another place set up for us.
You know, to build "The ENDLI. Water tank 2".
A new one.
I'm telling them it's a great idea, so just get on with it.
Right.
They're really thinking positively about it.
So, that's just great.
I don't care where it'll be.
You wouldn't mind, would you?
Great.
So I wanted you to know there's a plan to do that.
You know how there're lost of circumstances.
So I can't tell you the details until things are settled.
Like, where and when and how long.
But keep in mind that you'll see us very soon next year.
So I want you all to look forward to that.
You know, look forward to seeing us again.
And since we have that planned sooner than we thought...
...these guys are going to stay.
They agreed to stay with our band as long as they can.
So when we actually open our show again...
...be sure to bring us gifts.
Don't forget.
Oops. Did I just miss the microphone stand?
It was supposed to be here. (He really missed the stand!^^)
But no, I see it was over here.
Must be tired. That happens.
Seriously, I do have trouble with my throat sometimes.
So I drink lots of hot tea.
Like Hoji-tea and ginger-tea and stuff.
And I made 3 fresh cups today.
I forgot the first cup and poured again.
Then I went back to work and forgot and poured myself another cup.
So I tried drinking them all at once.
And spilled one.
That was a funny little American joke.
I'd better start singing.

K: Anyway, that’s the news, so you can go back to sleep.
A: We can’t sleep.
K: Sure you can.
A: No, we can't!
K: Of course you can.
Shut up.Go to sleep. Good night!
A: -sleep with me, Tsuyoshi!
K: People can sleep anywhere. That’s a fact.
But, I can’t sleep with you *smile*
A: Sleep with me, please!
K: This sounds like a bar talk (deshou?)

Alright.
Here's my hat *he put on his hat*
You know, most of these shows I did in my own clothes.
These aren't costumes.
Yeah, this hat too.
Sometimes, I think I might get arrested outside.
People at convenience store look at me like I'll steal something.
Unlike on the stage, where I'm the star. (me laughs)

Okay, seriously.
I'm glad I was able to give you good news.
And thank you all including the staff and others.
Nothing could have been done without your love.
Because doing 100 shows in such a short time is a record.
It's not an easy thing.
Your love and support is what made it possible.
I hope to keep feeling your love in the coming year.
So keep giving your love to ENDLICHERI ENDLICHERI.

Here's the last message to you tonight.
People live their live day by day.
We grow stronger.
As we meet hardships and sorrow.
But we always come back to find happiness and love.
We live our lives laughing and crying.
And that is how we'll probably end our lives.
It's not sad at all, if you think that life is all about love.
I know I don't need to tell you all this.
But please don't forget how wonderful love is.
So as each of you live your lives...
...don't forget the love inside you.
And keep it shining as beautiful as you can.
I give you my last song.

-------

Kerry-san loves to talk, doesn't he? ;)

It's an awesome stage.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I've just read all of your trans on white dragon...
I surpsrisingly didn't have a lot of enli stuff despite the fact that I'm more endli fan than KK and tsuyoshi XDD
but this is the reason why I love endli XDD he's crude, harsh, willful but kind at times and hella eccentric XD. I thought the personality is very refreshing and interesting XD
thank you ne XD

ryo said...

Tokie, I love your comment xD