Thursday, September 10, 2009

SHOCK-ing Koichi

I wait for my copy before saying something about RAIN.
So, here's my review for the latest interest me, Koichi musical stage, SHOCK^^'

I was able to download 'Endless SHOCK 2005' and it's with English subtitle (fans is always awesome). And I watched it without a blink. I'm kidding of course, but it was awesome. I'm sure it isn't easy to sing while dance. Even though I feel weird in the end, I gave many applause at mostly performances. It was 3 hours stunning moment. Where have I been?? I'm sorry Koichi.. Yappari ne, I'm so slow :(

Anyway, the fact that it was always held at Tokyo Imperial Theater is one thing. But, the fact that Koichi can do many things, dangerous things are another thing. I'm really shock to see that. What was he thinking to do it by himself?? What are you aim for, Koichi?^^'
I hardly believe that the stiff Koichi I've seen on tv can be so flexible and smoothly do the stage act. Okay, I guess I couldn't stop praising him, so let me quote some facts from the net.

Shock is a famous musical in Japan led by Koichi Domoto. As of March 2009, it has been performed annually for ten years since 2000. The final show for the 2009 season was the 651th show of this series. Reputedly, it is very difficult to obtain premium tickets to the show (wikipedia).

Since 2000 *ups*.
10 years? Amazing. Both KinKi are amazing boys.
It was written at the credit note that the book, producer and .... is done by Johnny Kitagawa. I assume that the idea of the show is from the owner himself?
The other Johnny's boys that participated in the show; Imai Tsubasa, MA and A.B.C. was wonderful. The first time I saw Tsubasa did dance^^'. His figure is perfect, tall and slim and he's very flexible? Nice moves, Tsubasa.
Read that there's also Ikuta Toma, Nishikido Ryo, Okura Tadayoshi in other shows.

*Snapshot time*

Koichi did tap dance~!

Taiko...

Dual dance is cool~


Some of the awesome yet dangerous acts






fufufuuu... pretty
Kuroki Meisa is a lucky girl^^'



kakkoii~



The famous open arms^^'





I shouldn't too shock with these parts, but I am shocked :p



There have been five versions of the musical:

  • Millennium Shock (2000)
  • Shock (2001-2002)
  • Shock is Real Shock (2003)
  • Shocking Shock (2004)
  • Endless Shock (2005–2009)
So, what I have watched so far is Endless Shock 2005. I wonder whether the story and the performances are the same every year? I've seen some clips from various year that have the same part such as flying, twisting on the rope, drums/taiko. But, I noticed that at the end of the show, Koichi had a talk and he said something like, "Koichi role in this show was died but..". I wonder the story is continuing from the start? I need to search more, I need to ask Ching ching.
I won't rush myself, but I'd love to watch the other SHOCK. SHOCK-ing me more, Koichi xD

2 comments:

Blue Sky said...

Nov, ada dl shock yg ada Tomanya gak?
Hiks...hiks.... nyari2 dari dulu gak nemu2 nich... padahal ada adegan Toma pelok2 Koi ^^

ryo said...

Toma itu 2006 atau 2007 bukan? Kan gak direlease di DVD, Ching.
Kalaupun ada, mungkin fancam? Pengen liat yg ada Nishikido Ryo-nya juga, tapi sama, gak direlease DVDnya.