Thursday, July 19, 2007

[bits of pieces] Koike Teppei Solo Album - Pieces

This cute guy attracted me after I saw him in 'Lovely Complex' the movie few months a go.

Koike Teppei Profile

  • Name: 小池徹平 (こいけ てっぺい)
  • Name (romaji): Koike Teppei
  • Profession: Actor and singer
  • Birthdate: 1986-Jan-5
  • Birthplace: Osaka
  • Height: 167cm
  • Weight: 54kg
  • Star sign: Capricorn
  • Blood type: B
  • JPop group: WaT (http://www.universal-music.co.jp/wat/)
  • Talent agency: Ever Green Entertainment
Source: Wikiaddict


He's so cute! I heard his name before but never interest to find out about him. Later I saw his cute face on Lovely Complex. How old is this guy?? He's 21 this year yet still looks like High school student^^ Then I searched on Youtube for his work in WaT. Oh, at first I thought WaT and Koike Teppei is one of Jyanis (Johnny's) group, but they're not. WaT is independent group and Koike Teppei is not Jyanis. Surprised! A cute and talent like him not Jyanis?? :P Later I read that it was Eiji Wentz, that was scouted by Johnny's Entertainment but he rejected the company's offer, because he "doesn't like dancing" and "likes comedy." Jyanis never offered Koike? hmm..

Koike from Osaka. :P What's wrong with me? Yeah yeah, after KinKi and K8, now I started to notice everyone that come from Osaka LOL Oh, I notice one thing about Koike and Eiji. They are so polite. Gave a deep bow mostly. Reminds me of my Jang Dong Gun. So far I only saw JDG who were like that and in Japan it's WaT.

I think he's quite good in acting. I'm still looking for his latest movie with Tadanobu Asano-san, 'Taga Tameni'. Just like I expected, after saw him in Lovely Complex, I was thinking about he seems can do good as antagonist. So, I'd like to see Taga Tameni. Somehow he reminds me of Tatsuya Fujiwara (Death Note). Good looks yet evil^^ But for looks itself, he resemble Toma type, or not? :P


Koike on the right and Eiji on the left.

I wrote about Koike after I saw his album advertisement in Yesasia.

Here's from Yesasia about his new solo album 'Pieces':

Earlier this year, WaT's Koike Teppei and Wentz Eiji began to embark on some individual music projects. Both members released solo tracks, but they did so jointly in the form of double A-side singles - Kimi ni Okuro Uta/Lucky de Happy and My Brand New Way/Awaking Emotion 8/5 - allowing them to stay together even while working apart. But now Teppei is ready to step out completely on his own with his highly anticipated debut solo album, Pieces.

The album comes with 12 tracks, all written and composed by Teppei. Naturally, singles Kimi ni Okuro Uta (Track 5) and My Brand New Way (Track 2) are on the track list, along with songs like Sonna Anata ni (Track 1) and title track Pieces. For those who prefer their Wentz and Teppei together, although Wentz's vocals won't be appearing in the album, he did co-write the lyrics for Dokoka no Sora (Track 7) and Aka Renga (Track 10).

This edition comes with an A2-sized poster (version A), a 32-page booklet, and a DVD containing studio recording and photo shoot footage. Pieces @ Yesasia


I'm impressed to know he composed and wrote all the songs. His partner helped write lyrics in 2 songs. I feel like to buy his album but I have to hold. So many on my wish list and I start to confused which one I should buy first @_@
I do heard some songs from Pieces actually. Pieces, My brand new way, and Sonna Anata ni are really nice. Koike voice is unique I say, not as beautiful as Tsuyo or Subaru, but a singer who sing his own song is interesting to hear~ It's totemo sugoii, compose a song wa~ (am I' right using it?)

*edited*
Someone upload his live performance of 'My brand new way' on Music Japan 2007.06.23 (thank you Naitomea87 for the vid!)
Nice performance



This is PV for 君に贈る歌 (Kimi Ni Okuro Uta) - Thank you wenx0503 for the vid. --> He wore glasses!! #_#



Reference:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teppei_Koike
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiji_Wentz
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WaT



Ok, work time


0 comments: