Sunday, July 15, 2007

Harry Potter and The Order of The Phoenix

Official site: http://harrypotter.warnerbros.com/



I'm a bit dissapointed. They can make the movie in 3 hours instead of 2 hours. Too many important parts not revealed. I don't know whether in one more hours will be enough to cover those missing parts but it's too short. You can't feel the time. Whether the story run from one to another in what time/day. I don't know either how is it for those who never read the book. Since I've read the book, I felt a bit dissapointed. But I knew that it won't be easy for the next chapters to be filmed since it's getting thick (for the book) beside the story getting more details too.

Above all that, my favorite part is flying on the broom. I felt it's always cool. No Quiddicth this time too. Beside we can see new characters added.
First is Luna Lovegood (Evanna Lynch). Wow, she's really pretty girl. I had different imagination about Luna, but she's great. I just hope she can be more gothical look.

Second is Grawp, Hagrid's half brother. This is computer design. It's not like I imagine though. I thought he should be more scary, more wild.

Third is the most readers expected I guess :D Here's Dolores Umbridge. The inkuisitor, the headmaster.

Picture courtesy of Warner Bros.

She' really annoying just like I thought. Played well by Imelda Staunton.

Fourth is Bellatrix Lestrange. She is one of the death eaters, which is also Sirius cousin, who sent Neville Longbottom's parents to St.Mungo's hospital untill now and later killed Harry's godfather, Sirius Black (Garry Oldman). I'm surprised to see her, it's Helena Bonham Carter! Long time not see her around. Hahaa welcome back, Ms.Carter.

Fifth is Nymphadora Tonks. I expected her too. Played by Natalia Tena (b.1984). I can't say much because I'm not sure what she would like in my imagine. But she looks cool.

Picture courtesy of Warner Bros.

Sixth is Mrs.Figg, Harry's neighbour at Privet Drive which is a squibb.

Last is Kreacher the house-elf of Black family and Thestral, the invisible horse-like animal who pulled the carry to Hogwart.
Check on more characters here: Wikipedia

The great thing about Harry Potter movies are the great casts, especially for Hogwart staffs and other important roles.
Alan Rickman as Prof.Snape (can't be better, he's the one for Snape!);
Maggie Smith as Prof. McGonagall; Emma Thompson as Sybill Trelawney (well, it's Emma Thompson!);
Gary Oldman as Sirius Black (I think they can make up him to looks more handsome);
Jason Isaacs as Lucius Malfoy (he's good for antagonist role);
Ralph Fiennes as Lord Voldemort;
Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix Lestrange (the character will be more important in the next chapter though not much, but it's just great to have Helena).
I only can't accept the Dumbledore's cast yet. Michael Gambon. He's not bad, just I feel that the late Richard Harris was more suitable for the role. Or I think they should ask Ian Mckellen (who cast for Gandalf from Lord of The Ring) for the role :P

Still I look forward for the next movie~ I wonder how Harry (Daniel Radclife) would look like, because he will be an adult at that time.

0 comments: