Tuesday, July 24, 2007

J-Dorama (Dragon Zakura)

I'm in the middle of Tiger & Dragon (TBS, 2005), but suddenly I got Dragon Zakura (TBS, 2005), so I stopped Tiger & Dragon for a while and started with Dragon Zakura. I'm not finished yet with this but, I need to say something.

Here's a brief about Dragon Zakura from wiki.d-addict.

Synopsis
:

Sakuragi Kenji is a destitute lawyer and one-time member of a motorcyle gang trying to guide failing high school students with an average score of 36 into Japan's most prestigious educational institution, Tokyo University (Toudai).

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!"

For no other reason than Sakuragi's personal ambition, he has advertised his intention to produce 5 successful Toudai applicants from the students of a nearly bankrupt failure of a school.

"If you want to change your life, get into Toudai!" He will get them from this lowest of all schools into Japan's number one!!

Our protagonist, Sakuragi Kenji, played by Abe Hiroshi in his first role as a high school teacher, is a must see in this summer's new show. This third rate lawyer soon becomes the homeroom teacher for the special advanced class aiming for Toudai University entrance. Hasegawa Kyouko costars as english teacher and Sakuragi's opponent, and Yamashita Tomohisa from NEWS and Nagasawa Masami also appear in the role of students. This awaited original work and fascinating world view is brought to you from the popular serialized comic in Shuukan Morning (Kodansha) and has even been updated!

In addition to revealing essential test taking techniques for everyone who wants to know how to get into Toudai, Dragon Zakura will also teach the essentials of living one's life.~

Casts:
I watched this drama because it has Koike Teppei. And surprisingly it has YamaP and Nagasawa Masami (I just watched 'Touch'). Episode 1, this is almost like any other school drama, only that in DZ there's a special thing, especially for those who are still in school.. you can see a good tips for studying. That's something, I guess.
Anyway, the most irritating me is Mamako Ino, the English teacher, Hasegawa Kyoko. Oh gosh, I really can't stand her! She was too much here. She's in fact, made Ino looks so stupid, and I don't think she should. No chemistry she can create with other casts, with Sakuragi sensei nor with the students. I really fast forward whenever she appeared, unless where Sakuragi or the students involved. I never have a problem with her in 'Star no Koi' (FujiTV, 2001), nor in 'M no Higeki' (TBS, 2005). She's still a rookie in 2001 and in M no Higeki, she became evil woman and that's make sense, maybe. I saw her on Bistro SMAP in 2004 or 2005 I forgot, it's the year she released a photobook, and that's I saw her changed for the first time.
Well, this is the first time I saw an actress so irritating. Actually all teachers in Ryuuzan High School are irritating. I almost can't stand to continu watching, but Abe Hiroshi and other students casts hold me back.

*edited*

Ok, I'm finished with Dragon Zakura. I don't know whose to blame. I can see the main story, should be good.. but in some parts, it's being draggy or more like smooth connection from one to another. Thanks to the casts though, except Hasegawa Kyoko. She's or her character still annoying. Don't know about the manga, but here, she/Ino Mamoko really annoying. I can't see any reason she has to be there.

Anyway, I like the theme songs. Realize by Melody (watch/listen the song here) and 'don't know the title' by YamaP :D




0 comments: